Icons slow to appear now I've installed Photoshop

SpyMan²°°­­³ 20:55 11 Mar 03

I have just installed Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and it seems a nice programme but now when i open my photo folder which contains around 150 photos the photoshop icon is very slow to appear on each file. I never had this problem with paint shop pro 7.0 which i had on before photoshop.

Speed of my computer is not an issue.

When i click to open the folder with the photos in...everything in the folder freezes until all the icons appear properly.

Can anyone help??

MAJ 21:03 11 Mar 03

You've let Photoshop take over the file associations, SpyMan²°°­­³, try changing them back to PSP.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 22:30 11 Mar 03

But i want to do all my editing in photoshop though. Would that affect anything??

I will change it anyway and see if it makes a difference

SpyMan²°°­­³ 22:37 11 Mar 03

I changed it back and they appear straight away...why does that happen. I have just paid a lot of money for that and it won't do something simple like show icons properly.

SpyMan²°°­­³ 23:13 11 Mar 03

I have just been on the adobe website looking for related support articles and quite a few people were suffering from the same thing.

What you have to do is right click on a photoshop file, click properties, then on photoshop image and then uncheck the box that says enable thumbnail views. That seems to have sped it up no end.

Thanks MAJ

MAJ 00:20 12 Mar 03

Sorry for not getting back earlier, SpyMan²°°­­³, I was dragged away, kicking and screaming. Glad you got it sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…