Icons Probs

johny13453 16:08 28 Sep 06

hi im having a small problem which is a little annoying, the icons on my windows xp desktop sometime just reload like someone keeps pressing the refresh button when you right click but they reload harder than pressing the reload button. So what could it be? Please help.

thanks

anskyber 16:33 28 Sep 06

It is possible they need a repair. There is a program from MS called Tweak UI which does a repair its available from click here on the right hand side there are 2 and you need the top/first one part way down the list.

When loaded the choices include a repair option (the last on the list) I have used this program but not for the problems you describe.

VoG II 19:21 28 Sep 06

click here IconCache (5th one down). This will do the equivalent of in the registry editor, go to

Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

find the value (you may have to add it) called "Max Cached Icons" REG_SZ

and increase this value to 8000.

VoG II 19:22 28 Sep 06

click here IconCache (5th one down). This will do the equivalent of in the registry editor, go to

Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer

find the value (you may have to add it) called "Max Cached Icons" REG_SZ

and increase this value to 8000.

The Scorpion 21:44 28 Sep 06

hello
THE OS is win98 SE.
When I click on 'property' of CD ROM Drive with CD in, to check 'used space' it shwos whole disc 'blue'and says space left '0 byte' although the CD is only half full
How can I get the correct space left on pie chart?
Please help

VoG II 21:47 28 Sep 06

What has this to do with icons refreshing?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy Book review: Hands-on with Samsung’s high-end hybrid

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is probably one of the best bank ads we’ve seen

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple