Icons From Nowhere?

Bingalau 10:18 15 May 04

Good Morning !
I have just booted up and noticed straight away thet I have a new icon "WOWpapers" on my desktop. There also appears to be a new icon in the bar at the bottom of the screen, this comes up as "Hotbar Weather Service" when I place my mouse arrow over it. Anybody any idea where I have got them from and what is "WOWpapers"? I can't remember having done anything to produce these icons. Should I delete them or should I open them and find out what they are?...Bingalau..

VoG II 10:27 15 May 04

I suggest that you check for spyware using Ad-aware click here

Check for updates before running a scan.

Chris the Ancient 10:30 15 May 04

A google search shows WOWpapers as offering desktop wallpapers - so safe to delete. As far as I can see, the weather toolbar is from the same people - so safe to delete.

Bingalau 11:24 15 May 04

Many thanks for the replies. I will now delete them straight away as they don't seem to be anything I need. I will install "Adaware" also. Thanks again..."Vog" and "Chris" ....Bingalau

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…