Icons not working

Howard's Way 15:39 23 Nov 03

I have Windows ME and yesterday my computer would not shut down. So after about 10 minutes of a blank screen and the ctrl alt del not working I turned off the computer. Today all started well but it went into Active Desktop recovery but no icons work by clicking on them. But the mouse arrow moves freely around the screen. I rebooted again as the start icon does not work. Ctrl alt del works but the buttons displayed do not. I rebooted into safe mode same problem there! I thought I could get at the restore and go back to Friday when all was well. Anybody got any ideas, other than re-installing or re-formatting!

christmascracker 16:53 23 Nov 03

^

Gongoozler 17:11 23 Nov 03

I really think that if Safe Mode doesn't work, then reformatting and reinstallation will be the quickest and easiest way to get going again. I just hope that all your saved files are backed up or on a different drive!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…