ICONS KEEP FLASHING

All my icons, both in Explorer and on the desktop, keep flashing (refreshing?). This only happens when Explorer is open, and only started a few days ago. I'm right up to date with virus checker etc. Any ideas?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 23:29 06 Nov 04

What version of Windows are you using? Have you changed and settings or loaded any new programs lately?

JaßîsFaß ˜ 00:11 07 Nov 04
  crx1600 02:17 07 Nov 04

if it's XP, there is a reg tweak;

Window Refresh - Automatically

Folders blink and/or icons flash, run the edit here on line 157: click here

I am running Windows XP SP2, Quick Heal visur protection, Zone Alarm firewall, plus Spybot, Adaware and PestPatrol.

The icons are just 'flashing', not moving. It only happens when I open Explorer, and only then when I go to My Computer. On about a half second interval, the icons keep appearing to refresh.

I have tried crx1600's registry fix, but to no avail. All I have done lately is installed SP2 (but that was a couple of weeks ago and this only just started hapening)and installing BT Broadband over the last few days.

I'd be grateful for any more ideas.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 19:57 08 Dec 04

This any help?

click here

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:21 19 Dec 04

Any help?

Fraid not - but thanks for the suggestion. Strangely, I find that using 2xExplorer instead of Windows Explorer eliminates the flashing, although it doesn't solve the underlying problem. Its irritating, but I'm working around it.

VoG II 13:48 19 Dec 04

Try increasing the size of the icon cache click here

I increased the icon cache size to 2000, but still no change.

JaßîsFaß ˜ 13:09 29 Dec 04

click here
Variety of things regarding icons

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…