Icons in favorites menu!

Flak999 17:39 29 Sep 03

just a little niggle,but when i add an item to my IE6 favorites menu i get a custom icon from the site i have added.

after i reboot or restart the custom icon is gone and i am left with the standard windows icon, is there some way to retain the custom icon?

Thanks,

Flak...

spikeychris 17:48 29 Sep 03

These are known as favicons.ico (Favorite Icons) and they
normally will only last until your Internet Explorer Temp files are cleared.

This program will allow you to save the favicons.ico (Favorite Icons)
permanently in a different folder and re-associate your favorites with the
stored icons.

FavOrg - Restore and Save Favorite Icons (Line 108)
click here

FavesToGo - Save Favorties Quickly (Line 108)
click here

courtesy of the man

VoG II 17:51 29 Sep 03

Create a new sub-folder within Favourites or Temp Internet Files called Favicons and copy the favicons files to that folder so they're always kept. Do not empty this new folder!

VoG II 17:51 29 Sep 03

DoH!

Flak999 17:52 29 Sep 03

thanks very much, just what i needed!

hoverman 17:56 29 Sep 03

I have had the same experience, but does it really matter? As long as the favourites link connects me to the site that is all I require.

Flak999 18:03 29 Sep 03

nope doesn't matter at all really, but some of the icons are quite detailed and they help me go to the correct link quickly without having to scan through a large menu.

Cheers

Flak...

hi there,just downloaded FavesToGo.ive created a folder in my favorites list. So how do i a:- Get the relevant icon, and b:-how do i save the icon to my new folder.........ps:when i run FavesToGo all i get is a list of my favorites

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…