icons etc slow to open up in explorer

Kingfisher 16:30 19 Oct 06

I have just installed norton internet security 2007, I had an initial problem with the install which involved uninstalling norton with their uninstall tool. the reinstall was ok and boots up very quickly. but in windows explorer when I click on icons etc in any of my folders they seem corrupt and each icon has to rebuild itself and take an age to open,I was wondering if windows explorer is corrupt,so have searched and found ie.inf and on right clicking and selecting install I get asked for iexplorer.exe service pack2, I have that disk but cannot find that file, can I reinstall sp2 or do you think the problem with corrupt icons is something else, any ideas would be appreciated

Jimmy14 03:21 21 Oct 06

Have you set a system restore point on your computer and if yes why not restore it to an earlier state and reinstall NIS 2007 fresh maybe that should help. If this isn't possible and you have something to back up your files then you could maybe install xp again?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…