icons disappearing from taskbar on bottom right

herc182 06:16 21 Feb 05

pretty weird thing been happening recently. a windows explorer error will happen, then the icons for processes that run in the background (in the bottom right of the screen where the clock is) disappear, but if i hit ctrl+alt+del they are actually still running (just not showing).

operating system - windows xp home with sp2 Specs - AMD xp 2000+ with 1.5gb RAM backround programmes - spyware guard, world community grid, zonealarm, nod32 AV, microsoft anti spyware program and msn search bar.

i have obviously pressed the button that hides a few of the icons, which is a feature of xp, but to no avail.

any ideas?

thanks

ps might take me a while to reply as i am off to work now!

ened 06:46 21 Feb 05

Right click the Task Bar - Properties - Under TaskBar tab click on Customize and all should be revealed.

This is a sore point for me because no matter how many times I do this, select the Online notification icon, and 'Always Show'. It always reverts back to 'Hide when Inactive' on reboot.

herc182 19:18 21 Feb 05

hmm ok. looks like i will do the same then. thanks

MikeJ101 00:56 12 Aug 05

I have same problem - I've found that if I log off and then back on using same user account - the icons re-appear - weird or what!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…