Symon1969 18:24 15 Jan 03
  Symon1969 18:24 15 Jan 03

I have Win 98 and if the words on the icon are too long it cuts it to 2 lines only by default. Is there a way to enable the full description of the icon to be visible all the time? Thanks in advance for any help.

Forum Editor 18:45 15 Jan 03

that you feel you need more than two lines of description for a desktop shortcut.

The icons are intended as shortcuts, and as such they usually have a few words of description - not a few lines. The answer to your question is 'no' I'm afraid.

Gemma 18:50 15 Jan 03

Right click the icon, rename, edit the description (without using the return key). You seem to be able to go n characters wide, centered, and many lines deep. Until, that is, the box collides with a neighbour when it will be truncated. Increase the pitch of the icons to get more space (and a bigger n), lots of options in Display Properties - (right click in space, properties, appearance, item). Have fun.

Gemma 18:55 15 Jan 03

You must try not to be so impetuous young man. Write a 128 times "I must check my homework before handing it in"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…