Icons changed on desktop and quick launch bar

Sapins 18:39 28 Oct 06

I came back to the computer after a couple of hours and found that all the icons in the quick launch bar and 6 of them on the desktop, I have another 11, have changed to a square with a blue bar at the top with 3 stars and a Black arrow in the bottom left hand corner. Not knowing what had happened I used system restore but the only point for today was a entry that said Windows Defender checkpoint, that would not work so I went back to yesterday to a Software Distribution Service 2.0 point (what is this by the way?)which restored the computer but the 6 icons on the desktop remain changed and Windows Explorer on the quick launch bar remains changed.

I am running XP Home + SP2, Windows Defender, Spybot Search and Destroy, Spywareblaster, and Avast virus scanner. Why have the icons changed, seemingly of their own accord?

Sapins 18:41 28 Oct 06

Just remembered I installed the small programme to prevent IE 7 being installed yesterday!

anskyber 18:46 28 Oct 06

I cannot answer your specific point but you could run Tweak UI and use the icon repair function. click here

Sapins 19:00 28 Oct 06

Hi,

I have found out how to change the icons back via properties/change icon, but, I am puzzled how they changed in the first place.

Sapins 22:07 28 Oct 06

Might as well tick this now as no one seems to know the answer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…