icons

ponytail 08:13 30 Sep 10

I am just trying to install some of the programs which came on the disc given my latest copy of PCA magazine.I put disc into drive and when I click on my computer and then PC Advisor everything appears as icons.I clicked on view and changed it to list but when I went back it had changed back to icons again it wont stay as list which is what I want.Any ideas

ponytail 08:30 30 Sep 10

I have just installed one of the programs that came on this disc called Uniblue Speed up my PC.After installing it I ran it and it came up with about 7000 problems but would only fix three.To fix the remaining problems whatever they are I would have to purchase the program which costs almost £20.I dont see the point of putting this program on this disc.It says it is a full program and not a trial one but to me it is just a trail one.

birdface 08:37 30 Sep 10

Uniblue Dump it.
Did you actually get it from the PCa Magazine.
If so I am surprised that PCA would offer it to there customers as it has a very poor reputation.

ponytail 08:38 30 Sep 10

It says in the magazine to go to click here to get the registration number which I did and all I keep getting is the following error message have trid five times now put in three different email addresses without success.The message is.

Python ActiveX Scripting Engine error '80020009'

Traceback (most recent call last): File "<Script Block >", line 43, in ? smtpresult = session.sendmail(SENDER, RECIPIENTS, msgRoot.as_string()) File "C:\Python24\Lib\smtplib.py", line 698, in sendmail self.rset() File "C:\Python24\Lib\smtplib.py", line 453, in rset return self.docmd("rset") File "C:\Python24\Lib\smtplib.py", line 378, in docmd return self.getreply() File "C:\Python24\Lib\smtplib.py", line 352, in getreply line = self.file.readline() File "C:\python24\lib\socket.py", line 332, in readline data = self._sock.recv(self._rbufsize) error: (10053, 'Software caused connection abort')

/pca/sp/process_3.asp, line 61

smtpresult = session.sendmail(SENDER, RECIPIENTS, msgRoot.as_string())

ponytail 08:40 30 Sep 10

Hi buteman yes it came with the October magazine.Have just posted another message see what you think

birdface 08:45 30 Sep 10

Reviews,

click here

There are also a couple of threads on here at the moment and one is trying to get a refund which he is not very hopeful of receiving.

Very surprised that PCA would include it.

birdface 08:49 30 Sep 10

Whatever it says I would ignore it and not download it.
It probably did you a favour not being able to register.
Have a Google and see what you come up with.
Off course the choice is yours every one has different ideas as what to use.

ponytail 08:54 30 Sep 10

Hi Again buteman having just read all those reviews I have now taken it off my PC.Would love to tell PCA about this but dont know how to.As you say surprised it came on their free disc.Thanks for your advice

birdface 08:55 30 Sep 10

Now just tried it for you and get the same result.

click here

ponytail 08:56 30 Sep 10

not just me then

birdface 09:00 30 Sep 10

Ok.
It is not one of their best freebie choices and I can see them having a few problems with it.
But best just sticking with C Cleaner or Winaso Optimiser trial version.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…