Icon tray on the bottom right.

L plate marky 10:12 02 Mar 04

Anyone know where or why I have managed to obtain an icon telling me (when I point at it) that it can "Remove hardware safely"? It has no menu with it and I'm scared to click on it in case I initiate something. The only hardware I installed recently was a broadband modem, and I don't remember seeing it at the time.

L plate marky 10:14 02 Mar 04

That should have read "Safely Remove Hardware"

L plate marky 10:14 02 Mar 04

L plate marky 10:15 02 Mar 04

L plate marky 10:15 02 Mar 04

cycoze 10:21 02 Mar 04

clicking on it will bring up a list of connected items , for instance my USB Pocket drive will show up on my machine , when the list is up you can then highlight the device you want to remove.

Not sure what other types of connected device show up , but presumably USB , Firewire devices .

cycoze 10:21 02 Mar 04

clicking on it will bring up a list of connected items , for instance my USB Pocket drive will show up on my machine , when the list is up you can then highlight the device you want to remove.

Not sure what other types of connected device show up , but presumably USB , Firewire devices .

If the modem is USB, that's what it is referring to. If you right click on the taskbar, choose Properties, Customise, you can choose to hide it.

If the modem is USB, that's what it is referring to. If you right click on the taskbar, choose Properties, Customise, you can choose to hide it.

JIM 10:25 02 Mar 04

if your running Win/xp and AOL broadband,it is part of the Voyager Modem Driver software(adapter).Can be disable,as you would not uninstall the modem using that proceedure.I just leave it.Click on it ,then cross out after your looked

JIM 10:25 02 Mar 04

if your running Win/xp and AOL broadband,it is part of the Voyager Modem Driver software(adapter).Can be disable,as you would not uninstall the modem using that proceedure.I just leave it.Click on it ,then cross out after your looked

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…