icon for send/receive has disappeared

palinka 19:07 19 Oct 07

A friend who is a complete newby runs Win XP, has a BB account with Talktalk; she uses OE for her emails but twice now the icon for "Send/Receive" has vanished from the taskbar at the top of OE. The first time I went round and right clicked something and the missing icon re-appeared. As I'd done the right click as a random action I can't rememebr exactly where I clicked - hough I think it was on the blue title bar - and I didn't tell her (because i didn't expect a repeat of the problem) and in any case I don't know WHY the right clicking solved it,. Now it's happened again apparently; I'm going tomorrow to sort it out again but it would be helpful if someone could tell me why it is happening and therefore how to cure it permanently.
She has a grandchild who visits on Thursday evenings and "plays" on the computer; could it be a fiddle fingers problem?

woodchip 19:17 19 Oct 07

Tell hear to get him her a dam toy piano

VoG II 19:20 19 Oct 07

Try right click > Customize.

palinka 13:15 20 Oct 07

woodchip - my thoughts exactly!
thanks, VoG™, I sorted it out this morning, but how long it will stay sorted.............!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced