Icon problem

peterleemaxwell 10:26 10 Nov 06

the programme I used for opening jpegs and others was 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer'.
I tried a freebie from Corel called 'Snapfire'. This commandeered and changed all the icons as some do, to its own. I didn't find the programme useful so I deleted it, (using it's own uninstall). I then changed the now blank icon back using 'properties'-'change' to 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' but there is no icon, although it will open with the programme.
How can I get the icon back. I could of coarse use 'System restore' but as it was awhile ago since my last restore date I wanted to see if there was another way. Hope to get a reply.

johnnyrocker 10:38 10 Nov 06

i presume xp, if so what about 'my computer' tools file options and sort from there?

johnny.

anskyber 10:42 10 Nov 06

Try this
Launch the Viewer from an icon: The fastest way to open the Picture and Fax Viewer is to place a shortcut to the program on your desktop, Quick Launch toolbar, or Start menu. First, open the folder in which you want the shortcut to appear. For example, if you want to create a Viewer icon on your Quick Launch bar, right-click the bar (but not an icon) and choose Open Folder. Right-click an empty part of the folder (or the desktop, if that's where you want the shortcut), and choose New,Shortcut. In the Create Shortcut wizard, type rundll32.exe %SystemRoot%\system32\shimgvw.dll,ImageView_Fullscreen (don't forget to include the space after "rundll32.exe"

Its from click here

peterleemaxwell 11:05 10 Nov 06

Thanks chaps,appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…