Icon to "eject Disk"

alexgray104 16:01 26 Nov 06

Hi,

Is there a way I can put an icon on my laptop desktop to remotely open the desktops CD tray?? I have right clicking on desktop > add shortcut... but I can't find how to remotely open another computers CD tray. I should point out that both computers are wirelessly networked and file / printer share at the moment.
Could I make the drive "shareable" on the desktop and then access it and therefore open it on laptop??

Thoughts appreciated. :)

alexgray104 16:30 27 Nov 06

anyone have any ideas or is it just not possible??

bjh 16:38 27 Nov 06

If the drive is shared, you can put a shortcut icon on the desktop, and this can be right clicked to eject the drive (at least, it works fine on mine here). As far as just clicking on it for eject.... hmmm

alexgray104 16:40 27 Nov 06

Yeah thats the way I have it setup at the moment, it works fine, I just thought there might be a way of Double clicking and the drive opens, like you can set a shortcut to shutdown your pc by double clicking.

Anyways, thanks for the reply.

bjh 16:43 27 Nov 06

Here we go... try these...

click here

click here

Haven't tried them over my network, so let us all know if they work.

They are both Freeware, and the links are to a reputable download site.

Also several here... again, not tried over a network.... but if the drive is fully shared, they should work just fine..

bjh 16:44 27 Nov 06

Ooops... last line says "several here"... where???

HERE!!!
click here

B

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…