icon dissapeared

podlod 09:26 17 May 09

Hi, when I start up my pc I normally get an icon at the bottom of the screen on the(task bar or toolbar, i get confused between the two) that tells me that I am connected and online at 100% good, but it has gone. can you please tell me how to retrieve this icon again which is 2 small pc`s together as I am sure you well know, thank you.

gengiscant 10:04 17 May 09

1Click “Start” and then click on “Control Panel.” If you are using an older version of Windows, click “Start,” point to “Settings” and then click on “Control Panel.”

Step 2Click the option in the task pane that says “Switch to Classic View" if your “Control Panel” is in “Category View.”

Step 3Double-click “Network Connections.” The “Network Connections” window will open.

Step 4Under “LAN or High-Speed Internet,” click the network connection you want displayed on your taskbar.

Step 5Under “Tasks,” click “Change Settings of This Connection.”

Step 6Click on the “General” tab. Click the check box next to “Show Icon in Notification Area When Connected.”

Step 7Click “Apply” and “OK.”

birdface 10:24 17 May 09

Or control panel.Network connections.Right click local area connection.Properties.Make sure show Icon is ticked.
There should be an arrow that you expand that shows hidden icons on the taskbar next to the clock.have you tried that or is it not there.

podlod 09:18 19 May 09

Hi, thanks for your help, i will now adjust as you advise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced