icon for connection speed

mogwai 16:28 05 Dec 03

my friend has got an icon in his systray of two monitors which shows his connection speed, how can i activate this on my pc??
Im running win ME, and my connection is cable modem through NTL, I would be interested to know my average connection speed as I have as much trouble and frustration as anyone else with NTL!

alcudia 16:44 05 Dec 03

Your friend is probably running Windows XP which has an option to show this icon in the Notification area when connected. I do not recall such an option in ME.

Gongoozler 18:01 05 Dec 03

In Windows 98, and possibly in ME, Start - Programs - Accessories - Communications - Dial-Up Networking. Under the General tab, put a tick in the box for "Show an icon on taskbar after connected"

Gongoozler 18:03 05 Dec 03

Sorry, there should have been an extra step there: tart - Programs - Accessories - Communications - Dial-Up Networking. Click on Connections in the menu bar, and select "Settings". Then under the General tab, put a tick in the box for "Show an icon on taskbar after connected"

Gappy1 18:12 05 Dec 03

On the back of this....I'm running XP and Blueyonder broadband...how do I find out my connection speed? Thanks

VoG II 18:16 05 Dec 03
  holly polly 18:18 05 Dec 03

click here
have a look here to find out connection speed -regards-hol pol....

Gappy1 20:29 05 Dec 03

Cheers VoG and holly...shows it running at around 600 Kbps...think thats good??!!

mogwai 22:52 05 Dec 03

sorry for not replying quicker, ive tried the steps you suggested and the box is ticked but still no icon, the only icon ive got is correct connect (a tick in a circle), but this tells me nothing and has always been there. So...... any more suggestions?

holly polly 19:59 06 Dec 03

mine shows around 475-500 kbs so i would be reasonably happy at your speed ,wot are you on 512adsl cable or 1 meg -regards-hol pol....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…