icon in box instead of picture

swapper 16:22 15 Dec 06

WinXP HE SP2 using Yahoo for email.

I have received an email that should have contained screen shots, the frames are there with a small icon instead of the screen shot. any ideas please?

tia

James. 18:52 15 Dec 06

Ask the sender to resend, with the pictures as attachment's preferably in the Jpeg format, rather than inserted into the body of the text.

swapper 22:15 15 Dec 06

James, thank you for your response.
I could do this but the screenshots are part of a tutorial that has been sent to me.
I was hoping to sort this out because then I can relate the text to the screenshots.
The sender cc'd to himself to ensure that things were o.k., they were, so I think that I have something disabled in "Tools" Internet Options, security or something, I just cannot find it (I probably don't know what I am looking at anyway).

Technotiger 22:21 15 Dec 06

Hi, you might have your Security or Privacy settings too high - Tools>Internet Options and/or >Security >Privacy

Ashrich 22:26 15 Dec 06

swapper , what browser are you using ? For IE7 Tools/internet options/advanced...scroll down to see if " show pictures " is checked , also are you using Norton by any chance ?

Ashley

swapper 23:07 16 Dec 06

Technotiger, I did adjust these down a little but no difference.
Ashrich, IE6.0.2

I have asked for the screenshots to be sent seperately, which is a pity.

Technotiger 23:19 16 Dec 06

Hi, In IE6 go to Tools>Internet Options>Advanced and then scroll down to Multimedia and make sure Show Pictures is ticked.

VoG II 23:20 16 Dec 06

I'm assuming this is webmail - if so click here

swapper 16:18 18 Dec 06

Technotiger, yes, it is. thanks

swapper 07:26 19 Dec 06

VoG™, thank you again.
I am very reluctant to alter my PC settings at the moment.
I was helped a little while ago when I had a very nasty problem, I was directed by yourself to
click here who helped a gread deal, they set my PC up again.

I have resolved my problem in a way, by printing, and joining the screenshots to the attached text, so I have at least got what I wanted.
I am calling this resolved, because I am certain that the correct answer to this problem is in the answers that I have been given,
Thanks everyone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5