Icon Appearance

muffin1947 09:37 22 Dec 07

I have just clicked on my computer and the appearance and size of the icons and folders has changed.Before they were just a list down the side now they completely different in size.It is the same when I click on my documents the appearance has changed.How do I get it back to the way it was.

skidzy 09:41 22 Dec 07

System Restore ?

Im on Vista at the moment and unsure if its the same in xp...assuming you are on xp of course.

Right click on your desktop / view / icon size.

If no one comes in to verify this maybe the same on xp,i will boot the lappy and double check for you muffin.

Joe R 09:42 22 Dec 07

when in my computer, click on view, and then list.

tullie 09:52 22 Dec 07

Any good clicking on View and changing in there?

sinbads 09:58 22 Dec 07

if vista click the desktop hold downCtrl use the scroll button on your mouse to change the size, if no mouse scroll button use keyboard + and -

birdface 10:12 22 Dec 07

When in my computer or my documents press View.then change to either,Tiles.Icons or list.

Joe R 10:16 22 Dec 07

click on view, and change the icon style to suit.

muffin1947 10:18 22 Dec 07

Thanks joe r That does the job but is there a quicker way or do you have to go into every sub folder and then all the following sub folders and list them individualy.

birdface 10:44 22 Dec 07

I would imagine you would need to go into Control Panel.Folder Options.Now what you do when you get in there I have no Idea.Whether you restore defaults or go into View. and reset all folders I am not sure.Maybe someone else with a bit of knowledge about the subject will be able to help you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…