IBM Thinkvision LCD monitor not displaying

Peterbrown22 15:45 28 Dec 09

My IBM Thinkvision LCD monitor will no longer show any display. I have tried it on several PC's. When I boot up the PC, it shows a display for 1 second or less, then it goes black, but the power light stays green - it does not go orange so is not in power save mode. If i turn it off and back on it shows the IBM splashscreen for less than a second, then goes black again, and the power light stays green. I have tried cycling the power many times, but I only get a 1 second glimpse of the display - it does not stay on. It was working fine before this, and it all started one day after I woke the PC from sleep mode, so I am not sure if this is the cause of it or not - but why will it not work on any PC? Does anyone know how I can fix this problem?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:08 28 Dec 09

HAd exact same problem with one at work,
stripped the thing down but could not find any damage or signs of overheating.

Got one at home I hope doesn't go the same way,
so very interested to see if you get any replies to this thread.

Peterbrown22 16:11 28 Dec 09

Update - I have noticed that when I view the screen from an angle and under a bright light, I can see a very faint image on the screen, so it is receiving a signal from the PC, but it is very very dark. If I disconnect the power and reconnect it, it will show a bright image for less than 1 second, then it will go very dark again. How do I solve this?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:21 28 Dec 09

Thats usually the inverter or backlight gone.

But unusual if the screen is OK for a second or two

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…