ibm thinkpad t22

jon111 13:10 09 Jul 09

hi i have i ibm t22 the screen has gone off but you can still just make out the display works ok with external monitor i have tried 2 second hand inverters in which i presumed the fault was but no change any help much appreciated

Taff™ 13:38 09 Jul 09

It`s not the inverter, probably the backlight.

jon111 13:44 09 Jul 09

ok thanx is this part of the lcd or separate

Taff™ 18:05 09 Jul 09

Separate item. Looks like a miniature fluorescent tube. Have a look on e-bay like click here but I`m sure you can source in the UK.

T0SH 20:48 09 Jul 09

It is no simple matter to replace the LCD backlight, your best solutions may be to buy a replacement LCD panel or a complete working top section with the same size screen as yours for the IBM T20,21,22,or 23 will all fit, shop around on e-bay for the best deal and pay by pay pal for best buyer protection

You can download service manuals from the lenovo site

click here

Cheers HC

T0SH 20:59 09 Jul 09

Ops sorry that was the wrong link get the hardware maintainance manual from here

click here

Cheers HC

jon111 23:48 09 Jul 09

thanx for info but i have now resolved it i have a old ibm 340 it works fine i have removed the inverter which is different but the plugs are the same and presto back light works i bought these two inverters from ebay one was listed as tested!!!!! i wont be making that mistake again thanx again for all your help much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…