IBM Thinkpad R50e

Fruitbat46 20:20 02 Jun 08

Does anyone know, please, if it is possible to replace the DVD drive on the IBM Thinkpad R50e with a DVD R/RW drive?
If it is possible how do I get the old drive out?

I have downloaded the user manual but it does not appear to show how to exchange drives.

Thank you

sean-278262 20:52 02 Jun 08

The drive is replaceable, there is a screw on the bottom of this model that you undo and the drive simply slots out of the side of the machine.

I have removed and replaced these on an R50 in the past. They were expensive £60 at the time when I upgraded the drive. Have you considered buying an external drive that uses USB?

sean-278262 20:54 02 Jun 08

However this model appears different to the R50 I replaced the drive in last year

click here

sean-278262 20:57 02 Jun 08

It seems like there are 2 different models available. So it will either be one of these newer models which is exactly like the link. Or it will be as I described above that and simply held by one screw which seems to be the case on older R50 models.

A

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…