IBM Thinkpad need to link to Nokia 5110

harpo 23:49 25 Aug 03

I have an IBM Thinkpad laptop and a Nokia 5110 mobile phone. I normally connect to my email account server via a remote access connection using a standard modem and telephone dialled cable connection.

I also have a network interface card fitted for when I am on network sites. (I work for a national corpration with loads of sites)

This is usually ok for my needs, however, I have just changed jobs within the corporation and I am going to need to access my email whilst on trains/in the car/ bus etc. As yet, there aren't many opportunities for direct access using this method.

Do any of you kind souls out there know of a standard cable connection I can make to my mobile telephone and/or any software I would need to make it dial my default RAS connection so I can download my emails?

Phone is a bit of a brick but supplied by the firm so I don't have any control over either the phone or the computer. I don't have administrator access to install software - do i really need this?.....

Any and all help greatfully received

many thanks

Steve

AndySD 00:46 26 Aug 03

A very wide subject.

Your best bet is to talk to the IT department withih your company. But you may be able to get the cable by going into a mobile phone shop..... the cable connection will depend on the phone model......

Mind you if the phone has Bluetooth things get much simpler.

tbh72 01:17 26 Aug 03

You cannot use a 5110 for modem type use. Cables which can be purchased for this phone only allow connection to com 1.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…