IBM Thinkpad 560x Video drivers / Window size

Postit 14:39 08 Nov 09

Hi all,
I've got an old thinkpad 560x that I'm having a play with to see what I can do with it as a 2nd machine for surfing the net and basic stuff.
It had NT4 on it so I've just loaded Win 98 on it in the hope that I can make use of the USB port if needed.

Problem I've got is that when windows boots, it only occupies abou 3/4 of the screen. I assume its some problem with the driver. Dispaly properties won't allow a change of the resolution or anything else.
the IBM/Lenovo support site seems to suggest no driver is available for 95/98.
All the web sites promising video drivers just want to download whole driver scan programs rather tan offering what they say they do !

Any ideas pls?

ArrGee 15:07 08 Nov 09

There seems to be a fair few 95/98 drivers on the Lenovo site, have you been there?

click here

Postit 16:56 08 Nov 09

Very strange, when I went striaght to the site from a google serach, it showed pretty much the same list but under video, it showed n/a for Win98.

Anyways thanks for that I'll try loading these ones.

Postit 17:09 08 Nov 09

ah, just noticed they are not for the 560X - only 560 and 560E.

And also just noticed that the 560X site does have another win98 driver shown further down the list.

So apologies - just me jumping in without reading the article completely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…