IBM THINKPAD

KICKSTAR 14:38 26 Jan 06

PLEASE HELP...

I have got a thinkpad, not sure of spec but I think I have broken it. I seem to have stopped some kind of hardware from the 'Unplug/Eject Hardware' tool in the system tray. It sounded like the laptop was doing something but the screen went blank. I thought it was just sleeping, so I hit F4 or something, it sounded like it was loading again but did nothing.

As I was not sure what else to do, after some time I turned the laptop off by start up button on side. DEAD!

The laptop will not turn back on or charge from power pack. HELP!

Chegs ®™ 15:04 26 Jan 06

My IBM Thinkpad has a model number on a plate above the keyboard declaring its an 380XD.Yours is likely to have a similar plate,or at least a sticky label on its underside stating what model it is.

Try removing the battery for a few minutes,or have a look on the underside for a tiny hole which is where my Thinkpads reset button lives.I had owned the lappy for several months before I found this hole hid a reset button.

Sethhaniel 15:09 26 Jan 06

when I go to Eject Memory stick I have to be careful as there is also the option to Eject CDRom drive
- also one of the function buttons turns screen off so you can use external monitor
- try unplugging bit and replugging and pressing function buttons ;)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac