IBM T41 Thinkpad expert required

david-233692 21:27 04 Mar 05

can anyone tell me if I have to use an IBM mini pci card when upgrading, (my present card is a
Type III Mini PCI 56K (V.92) modem, integrated 10/100 NIC, Wi-Fi 802.11b, Bluetooth 1.1,) which I'm looking to replace. Can I use the following (Netgear DG834G, WG111T, WG311T Bundle), and if not can someone advise on what exactly in total I need to create a wireless network supporting my Thinkpad & Desktop. I really would appreciate an IBM expert taking up the mantle.
In hope
David

RealDopey 22:22 04 Mar 05

I am not an IBM expert, but the bundle you mention (Netgear DG834G, WG111T, WG311T), I have installed around twentyfive for various clients homes and small offices over the last six months and never had a real problem. I use the same package myself and as has been mention before on this forum by me and others, you sometimes have to turn off and unplug you router from the phone line for a couple minutes, it is because you get what my ISP (Plusnet)describes as a stale connection. I also read somewhere on here that Wanadoo just momentarily cut you off for a couple seconds just after midnight and it does the same job.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…