IBM T22 Laptop won't start

xoc 21:44 23 Sep 08

My Laptop won't start up.
Battery is fully charged.
If I click start button without charger connected, I get a subdued click and start light flashes momentarily, but no progreesion to start.
If I press start button with charger connected I get nothing.
The symptoms of a problem with startup have been evident in hindsight, when there were difficulties in starting and shutting down, but I persisted and gotit to start, until today when there was just no response.
Any solutions welcome.

woodchip 21:56 23 Sep 08

Try with the Battery Removed, just have mains plugged in

woodchip 21:57 23 Sep 08

Battery may be fully charged as it says but it may not power the Laptop. They develop internal faults

xoc 22:06 23 Sep 08

Thanks but have tried with battery removed and every obvious trick in the book, to no avail.

woodchip 23:50 23 Sep 08

have you tried with the Hard Drive removed. if it boots to BIOS then the drive is faulty or corrupt

xoc 00:41 24 Sep 08

Yes I have tried that! have also tried a previously used HD, but only get a brief flash from the HD light, but no startup!
I Feel it must be the system board, so may have to buy a replacement laptop, as can probably buy one cheaper than a system board.
Thanks for trying to help.

xoc 10:42 24 Sep 08

Thanks to all who tried to solve this problem!
I am pleased to advise that it has been resolved another forum, and I am pasting the solution here, just in case others have the same problem.

Quote:
check output of your AC adapter. Replace the adapter as necessary. Use genuine/original IBM adapters for lesser headache.

"Many thanks for that tip!
I should have explained that I have two Thinkpads, one an old 570 and the T22, and I as it turns out I was using the charger from the old 570!!
When I changed to the correct one, I noticed that the battery charge light came on, but only got a faint click sound on pressing the start button, but I left it connected, went to collect my morning paper, and when I got back, tried the start button again and hey presto!! I was back in business!"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced