IBM Net Vista keeps restarting when loading XP

sergt 18:19 11 Aug 05

I have just reformated my 20 gig Maxtor HDD on my IBM Netvista Computer with MaaxBlast 4 Computer runs with 128 mb ram celeron 900 on an intel 810e motherboard with onboard graphics. The process of loading xp goes well until it has to restart to complete the windows part of installation then the computer keeps restarting and continues in this cycle evermore. I have done PC Check and all hardware is reported ok. I have tried loading ME this went well until the final reboot when I keep getting a restart and scan disk running, once completed this cycle keeps happening over and over again. Any advice greatfully received?

Chegs ® 22:28 11 Aug 05

Do you have an additional item of hardware(LAN card,soundcard,etc)installed whilst your loading the OS.I had a PC brought to me recently,it had been crashing frequently at random times.I tried SFC /SCANNOW,that didn't cure it(it behaved faultlessly during the times it was here)When it was brought back for the third time,I decided to reinstall XP.The install ran thru,I went to cfg the language for the keyboard and as soon as I moved the mouse,it crashed to BSOD.The error(Page fault in non paged area)made me think it was perhaps iffy RAM,so switched it for known good,only for it to crash again at the same point after next reinstall of XP.I eventually removed the LAN card,and the install ran thru and the PC is back with its owner(only its started crashing over again,so I'm sticking the LAN card back in it,and its owners taking back to the "friend" she got it from)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…