IBM Laptop

starlet 12:44 02 Jan 05

I have a laptop with the part on the lower case where the hinge fits is broke, I have got hold of a replacment lower case and whould like to know before I start taking to pieces what problems i might encounter changing everything over,if any, it is my wifes laptop and I don't want to ruin anything.
also I have tried to download and install driver guide toolkit to find out what drivers she has on but it will not install all it says is error load language failed and will not go any further, anyone know how I can find out another way?

Starlet

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:26 02 Jan 05

Assuming all you have is the plastic case then you will not need drivers as you will be swapping all your parts into the new case.

A fiddly job with a laptop but should go ok if you are methodical and layout the pieces as you remove them.

Becareful to ground yourself (or wear a antistatic wrist band) avoid touching the chips or contact faces.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…