iamapp not responding

Gingermum 11:20 15 Jan 04

Using ME and Norton Internet Security 2002.
I have noticed for some time that the NIS window is slow to load but everything worked fine - until today. When trying to run Live Update, after the getting the message that iamapp.exe is accessing the Internet the thing stalls. Using Ctrl+A;t+Del tells me that iamapp.exe is not responding so I can't update.

Gingermum 11:23 15 Jan 04

(Sorry, pressed Enter)
Since my last update I did install MSN Messenger. (I know, shouldn't touch it with a barge pole but my daughter lives on the other side of the world) I did a system restore to a point before installation. Didn't work.
I've done as suggested on the Norton web and install iamapp after everything else has installed. Didn't work.
Any ideas?

BigMoFoT 11:26 15 Jan 04

iamapp is an essential component of Norton Internet Security, think it's the main firewall program. I'd advised to do a full virus check, you may have to re-install NIS

Gingermum 11:54 15 Jan 04

Thanks for responding. Yes, I know it's an important part and I'm wodering if I'm covered properly now. Failing anything else I will back up and try re-installing.

mrs_owen57 11:28 29 Jan 04

I have the exact same problem and can't get around it, think it sounds like a virus

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…