I'am Wishing to Uninstall XP can you help

Guss the Gorilla 20:15 06 Aug 05

I have installed XP on my Laptop, but find that it has conflicts with some of the software I run I clean installed the software, can I remove XP so that I can go back to Windows 98

Graham ® 20:17 06 Aug 05

Have you tried the software in XPs Compatability mode?

Graham ® 20:18 06 Aug 05

To start the Program Compatibility Wizard, click Start, click Help and Support, click Find compatible hardware and software for Windows XP, and then, under See Also in the navigation pane, click Program Compatibility Wizard.

woodchip 20:24 06 Aug 05

You need to run Killdisk and then use a Win98se Floppy to repartition the drive then format C: and reload win98se click here

Guss the Gorilla 21:35 06 Aug 05

Thanks Graham Comp mode will not work dont know why.

Thanks also Woodchip, I have ran Killdisk but when trying to install 98 I get an error masage stating that scandisk will only run on Dos % or higher, could this be because I am using the wrong boot disk?

Guss the Gorilla 21:37 06 Aug 05

should have read Dos 5 not Dos % silly me

woodchip 22:08 06 Aug 05

click here Tenth file down. Download it the put a floppy in the drive and double click to create Startup floppy disc. This will only work if you create the disc on a 98 comp not XP

Guss the Gorilla 22:28 06 Aug 05

Have managed to go down to ME which is a little better thanks for all the sugestions, I have put the boot web page into my fav list

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…