i850 printer

yaesu 20:55 24 Nov 04

Hi folks, my i850 was unused for 4 days recently and now prints strange colours! I'd call it a heavy yellow cast on photos and doesn't print black at all (yes it has got ink in it!)and the cleaning process has been used several times. Maybe the print head has passed away? if so can anyone suggest a source for replacement, assuming it's worth it? It's 16 months old. Thanks. Yaesu

Djohn 21:02 24 Nov 04

I have the Canon i850 and often don't use it for weeks at a time but it still prints fine when I do use it. Are you using genuine ink or compatible?

The head is separate from the ink cartridge and can be taken out and cleaned or, replaced direct from Canon. Try removing the ink cartridges then take out the head itself, stand it in a little warm water for a couple of hours, dry throughly, replace and try again.

yaesu 21:07 24 Nov 04

Hi Djohn, tnx for info. I'll try your suggestion and let you know if it works. Mine has also been left for long periods before with out problems. Ink is compatible but then it always has been since orig. carts. ran out.
Yaesu.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…