I would like some help with upgrading my PC (attempt #2)

CoreyJLees 20:46 05 Aug 13

Tried this before, but the site keeps posting my question all muddled up (even though it shows fine on the preview beforehand :S) so here I go again.

Total War: Rome 2 is coming out next month and my PC is seriously underpowered, as I would like to play the game on decent settings. My current setup is

OS - Winows 7 Home Premium 64bit

GPU - Radeon HD6670

PSU - Havn't a clue

CPU - i5 2320 3.0 ghz quad

RAM - 8gb DDR3 @ 665mhz

I am looking to upgrade the GPU and PSU first, as I can have these parts given to me as presents from my parents, and I will later upgrade my RAM and later the CPU.

I have my eye on these parts, and basically would like to know if they will run well, and if they will run together properly, as I don't want to end up wasting any of my, or my parents' money on parts.

GPU - Nvidia GTX660ti

PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX 430w

RAM - G-Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 2133mhz

CPU - i5 4570

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really, really can't afford to get this wrong. Cheers!

retep888™ 01:12 06 Aug 13

GPU - Nvidia GTX660ti click here

PSU - Corsair Builder Series CX 430w click here

RAM - G-Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 2133mhz click here

CPU - i5 4570 click here

1.You seem to have a prebuilt PC ,please let forum members know the make & model with further details so as to confirm what hardwares it'll support.

2.600W PSU should be used to run a GTX660ti although 450W-500W can suffice .

3.<<(I've heard 1600mhz would be much better for RTS)>> I think you have 1333 Mhz DDR3 ram at the moment so you may not see much improvement(if any), & there is a great chance that your existing motherboard won't support 2133 Mhz ram.

4.i5 4570 is a socket 1150 Haswell CPU while your PC is a socket 1155 sandyBridge so it won't fit.

nickf 14:19 07 Aug 13

Sound advice from retep888 . click here as a suggestion for memory , click here , for your PSU , and click here for your CPU . Good choice for GPU , tho if you can stretch things a little I would go for something like this click here . I only used the Scan website as I have it saved in my browser , you may well find things cheaper elsewhere . Good luck and have fun !

retep888™ 01:16 08 Aug 13

CoreyJLees's 1st original thread click here

<<nickf>>

The Intel CPU Core i5 3470 you recommended is an IvyBridge while CoreyJLees's PC has a SandyBridge CPU at the moment which I'm not sure if the motherboard will support IvyBridge (although a Bios update may overcome this).

That's why I asked for PC's hardware details but unfortunately it seems like the OP has boarded the holiday plane already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017