I-Worm/Swen.A

curlylad 15:48 01 Jul 04

Can any one tell me where I can get a removal tool for I-Worm/Swen.A ? We were expecting an important email and the missus didn't receive todays emails via mailwasher and we now have a scolded missus and a worm.Firstly can someone give me a link to a removal tool for the worm(I have AVG which picks it up but doesn't remove it) , and secondly a method of unscolding the missus ?
Thanks as ever.

georgemac 16:11 01 Jul 04
  georgemac 16:12 01 Jul 04
  georgemac 16:14 01 Jul 04

don't know why the links are not pasting correctly - but you can cut and paste the link into the browser bar - good luck

Lionheart ? 16:24 01 Jul 04
  curlylad 17:03 01 Jul 04

I downloaded Lionhearts link and ran it.It found the worm and said to remove it run AVG for windows , immediately after this a symantec window opened saying" Swen has not ben found on this computer" , Huh ? I then ran AVG again and it is saying that I-Worm/Swen.A is still on the Hard Drive , however it says it has infected only one file , but this is not the original, file it infected.It now infects C:\System Volume Information\_restore{12F7DC69-DC4D-4AFF-ABB7-907A4E5979F1}\RP126\A0032713.EXE So what is my next move , can I just put this file name into search and delete it or is there any other suggestions ?

VoG II 17:05 01 Jul 04

It is now stuck in a Restore Point. Turn off System Restore, scan again, turn SR on again click here

curlylad 17:10 01 Jul 04

OK , I will accept your mission and report for debrief (?) !

curlylad 17:51 01 Jul 04

Turned off SR ,ran AVG and fix Swen tool both said PC was clean , turned on SR and ran both again and they both said I was clean . How did they both say nothing was there , something must have removwd the worm so why did neither admit responsibility , what removed the worm ?

PS Cheers VoG™ !

georgemac 18:32 01 Jul 04

turning off system restore deleted all the files and so must have deleted the worm with it - it was still better to run the scan with system restore off, to make sure you were clean.

I would head for windows update now and download and install the critical updates - fix any holes in your system.

curlylad 18:38 01 Jul 04

I had already downloaded all the critical updates but will try again now .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…