//some 3rd party need geo

I-Worm.Mydoom.e.

Cybermaxx 22:15 16 Apr 04

Well, this awful program keeps appearing on my desktop and at the bottom of the screen when I'm online. As well as displaying an advert, it closes my DSL connection and changes my homepage.
I ran my Ghostbuster program 9which can only find them, not kill them), and it lists eleven files which contain the I-Worm.Mydoom.e. virus.

Before I make a mess of this, what is the best way to get rid of them? If I do remove them, is there anything else I need to do? Cheers.

VoG II 22:17 16 Apr 04

Run Stinger click here

Cybermaxx 22:33 16 Apr 04

Thanks, I have done as you suggested, and it's scanning now. Fingers crossed etc.

VoG II 22:35 16 Apr 04

I should have said turn off System Restore first (oops!) click here

Cybermaxx 22:56 16 Apr 04

Hehe, yeah, it didn't remove anything. I'll try it again tomorrow with the system restore disabled. I really don't like these worms. Judging from the infected files' names, I think it's been present in my PC for quite some time.

Cybermaxx 11:39 17 Apr 04

Stinger didn't work. I disabled System restore (it also wipes out all restore points!). I set it to scan everything. When it finished I re-ran ghostbuster, and the same files were still infected. Are there any other tools that will do the job?

VoG II 11:45 17 Apr 04
  VoG II 11:49 17 Apr 04

Sorry ignore that but click here

Cybermaxx 11:51 17 Apr 04

The link doesn't work.

I've also ran AVG Anti-Virus System Free Edition, which is up to date, and it doesn't find anything! How useless is that?! This is doing my head in............

Cybermaxx 11:47 18 Apr 04

It got to the stage where Internet Explorer was unable to access any websites. I have now (with the assistance of a technical advisor) restored my PC to its' factory settings, which appears to have gotten rid of the Worm. Now I have thirteen months of updates to download!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…