I-worm/Bagle.J and lineone.net?

badgery 13:26 09 Jun 04

Got an email from support @lineone saying that complaints were being received about My address SENDING spam. In fact I cannot remember sending any mail from this account in months (wifes named account and she never uses computer!).
The email from lineone suggested I had a virus and included an attachment (with a password number). Being wary of all attachments I saved it to A/ and scanned with AVG. No virus found, however when I then opened it AVG warning appeared saying I-Worm found and use AVG to remove - which I did.
Was the email phoney,or did I have the virus previously? I have AVG set to automatically scan each morning and nothing has ever been found.

VoG II 13:29 09 Jun 04

Phoney e-mail click here

badgery 13:35 09 Jun 04

Thanks once more VoG, spot on!
Hopefully having followed threads on this site for a while I was at least knowing enough to treat it with caution!! So I think I may be getting better (or more paranoid??).
Thanks anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…