I wish to replace HD but have no drivers for PC

sgtdibble 19:45 12 Jul 03

my second pc has a noisy HD and I have one out
of another pc which I could fit but I don't have
any driver discs for sound etc and it is not on
line so can't download them any way I can do it?

Megatyte 19:50 12 Jul 03

What make is the replacement drive?

AH

sgtdibble 20:01 12 Jul 03

Its a Fujitsu MPC3032at and it was on Win98se
I have a Win98se disc but none for any other
such as sound or video >>>

VoG II 20:34 12 Jul 03

Download this little utility click here

It will tell you the name of your graphics and sound cards (and everything else). Post details here and I'm sure somebody can find the drivers for them. Save the drivers to a floppy before you swap HDDs.

Megatyte 20:35 12 Jul 03

I've just had a look on the Fujitsu site and their DiskManager(copy's your old drive to the new(Fujitsu)one)isn't free anymore. They're doing it through Ontrack at $14.95, about a tenner.

click here

AH

sgtdibble 22:31 12 Jul 03

Thanks VoG I have Belarc on already suggested by
yourself for another problem its very good
thanks to Megatyte too I shall have to decide if
its worth buying a driver as the computer was
only £8 thanks anyway I will close the thread but
if anyone has any suggestions they would be much
appreciated >>>

woodchip 23:48 12 Jul 03

You need to download drvexp17.zip bellow is what it does. If you cannot find this download on the net e-mail me through the little envelope by my nickname

User's Manual for WinDriver Expert v1.70
(C) Copyright 2001-2002 Jacques ZHANG
E-mail: [email protected]

[Introduction]

WinDriver Expert is FREEWARE, provides you the easy and fast detection, backup and restore of the entire hardware device drivers currently on your system. With it, you can even find the latest drivers for your hardware and install them onto your computer. Just one or two mouse button clicks, you will have all your hardware devices extracted and backuped to any folder you want. Also a INF device script installer is included. When you reinstall or upgrade your system, you can restore all the drivers backuped by clicking a button, after reboot once, all the drivers will be installed and will function well. If you have a hardware that is troublesome, just Remove it with the software.

[Supported Operating System]

Windows 95
Windows 95 OSR2
Windows 98
Windows 98 Second Edition
Windows Me
Windows NT4
Windows 2000
Windows XP

[How to use]

Click 'Fast Collect' button, then select a certain device whose driver you want to backup, then click 'Make' button, then select a destination folder/path/directory, then click 'Start' button.

OR simply click 'Fast Collect' button, then click 'Make All' button, and you will have all your hardware devices extracted and backuped.

Belatucadrus 09:38 13 Jul 03

click here Sound

click here Video

click here Modems

Should be able to locate free copies of any required drivers there.

sgtdibble 18:37 13 Jul 03

thanks Woodchip I have noted everything and will
have a try when i get chance, do I still need a driver for the HD or will one of those you list
do it? also thanks Belatucadrus I will download
those drivers will let you know in due course if it worked thanks to all >>>

woodchip 20:11 13 Jul 03

The program if you e-mail me saves all your drivers that you have now got on your computer, so you can restore them from the backup it makes and you do not need any drivers only a 133 ata if that is what you will be getting, you should be able to download a 133 from the drive manufactores site

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…