I wish to delay Outlook Express startup on boot up

stugra 10:26 12 Oct 04

I currently have Outlook Express launching on Windows XP startup (I have a shortcut to OE in the startup folder). The reason for this is instant checking of e-mails and, importantly, it also puts my computer online (broadband internet) for me.

However, I have just started using another program that accesses the internet on bootup and this causes OE and connecting to the internet to freeze for about 90 seconds which is a little annoying.

I can see a solution to this if I can just delay OE from launching and connecting to the internet for about 15 seconds.

Please could you advise me of any solution on delaying the startup of OE as described?? My only thoughts on this is a (excuse my terminology) 'DOS type batch file' in the startup folder that counts to 15 and then launches OE?? Of course, I can't remember how to do this!!

Thanks in advance.

howard60 14:25 12 Oct 04

you could stop it loading at startup by using - start - run - msconfig and enter. then go to top right hand tab - startup and take the tick out of the ie line. I know of no way of just slowing it down.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…