I was bored. Help!!

Currantbun 21:40 27 Mar 09

I tried to change the xp theme on my PC. I downloaded 'UX theme multi patcher' but i could get the theme to work. Now my theme is the old xp and won't change. Even a system restore doesn't work. What a fool!

Help....

kindly 17:59 28 Mar 09

Have you tried to uninstall it through your control panel first. If it is a program then that would be the best thing to do first. Nothing else to sugest to you.

brundle 18:38 28 Mar 09

System File Check; click here

"Now my theme is the old xp and won't change." - Luna, the Fisher-Price blue scheme? Or the plain unskinned grey look?

Currantbun 21:26 28 Mar 09

Cheers Guys.

Yeah its the plain unskinned grey one. I've downloaded a program called 'Window Blinds' since, which has hidden my problem.

I've deleted the culprit program, hasn't made any difference though.

brundle 17:37 29 Mar 09

Start menu/run, type

SERVICES.MSC

press return.

Is the Themes service started and set to Automatic? If not make the necessary changes. Now try changing the theme from Control Panel/Display.

Currantbun 06:45 30 Mar 09

Yeah it's automatic.

I've definitely deleted something i shouldn't have....

brundle 17:00 30 Mar 09

Have you done the system file check?

brundle 17:02 30 Mar 09

Go here click here and search for "Themes"

Currantbun 20:41 30 Mar 09

The error message says...

An exception occurred while trying to run "C:/windows/system32/shell32.dll,control_RunDLL C:/windows/system32/desk.cpl",Display"

Doesn't mean much to me. I did a system file check , a black box flashed on the screen the disappeared. Is that right??

brundle 01:25 31 Mar 09

No, you need to run SFC at a command prompt - the link I gave assumes everything will work first time.

Go to
Start Menu/All Programs/Accessories/Command Prompt

type the

SFC /scannow

command into the resulting command prompt, what message do you see?

VOT Productions 18:24 01 Apr 09

UXPatcher has a option to unpatch the opeating system, run the installer and click Unpatch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…