I want Windows Media Player but not from Windows.

Triprajul 10:05 04 Nov 09

Greetings:

All my attempts to get a media player besides Windows Media Player (WMP) have failed miserably. I need a copy of WMP but I don't want to download it from Bill Gates and his friends. Every time I download something from MS, I also feel that the Miscoserfs are putting strange things on my computer or simply playing with my computer's settings. Does anyone know where I can download a copy of WMP that actually works and doesn't have any viruses or other nasties. WMP version 9 would be preferred because I have been told that version 11 has too many bugs. Any information is greatly appreciated.

iscanut 10:46 04 Nov 09

Have been using WMP 11 since its inception with no problems. What bugs do you think it has ? WMP is Microsoft so wherever you get it from it will still be Microsoft ! I think you are being paranoid about MS !

iscanut 10:46 04 Nov 09

Have a look here click here

Pamy 11:14 04 Nov 09

Try this player instead click here

Kevscar1 12:29 05 Nov 09

Sorry but you really are being paranoid. never had any problems or strange happenings with Microsoft downloads. That includes WMP right up to version 11, no bugs found yet. Moviemaker, DVDmaker, Internet Explorer and MS Office

ArrGee 13:19 05 Nov 09

...but GOM Player is better, and also free.

It has a sort-of-WMP interface too.

click here

peter99co 19:54 05 Nov 09

I use Media Monkey it's great.

raziel08 18:20 13 Nov 09

I would have to agree with Marg7. Songbird is a fantastic music player and comes with a handy add on. It's called concerts and allows you to check if there are any concerts coming up, note that it only looks for concerts from the artists on your computer.

It also has a itunes look as default, but you can download skins.

tullie 20:11 13 Nov 09

Looks like the poster has dissapeared of the planet?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac