I Want A website For Publishing My Stories !

Wirral Bagpuss 10:07 27 May 07

I am a fan fiction writer (not brilliant but some of my stories have had a thumbs up!) Anyhow i would like to showcase my works on the internet. Can anyone advise me on how to go about doing this and if i have to pay for this? etc.

Forum Editor 12:12 27 May 07

then yes, you will obviously have to pay, but if you wouild like to have a go at doing it yourself you'll find you can get your stories online for very little in terms of expenditure.

I say 'very little' because if you want to do this the professional way you'll need to register a domain name, and have a hosting account with a web-hosting company. This doesn't cost much, and is a far better way of getting people to see your stories than if you create a site in your ISP's free webspace. Sites that are in free webspace do not stand anything like as good a chance of being indexed by the search engines.

Blackhat 23:51 02 Jun 07

Hi, you might like to look at this web site.

click here

I am an amateur writer and have recently self published through this site. It is not as easy as it makes out but it does work with patience.

I also have a web site through my ISP, totally free but as FE said it does not get many hits.

Myrddyn 16:01 22 Jun 07

Try click here I think its £10 a year and you can publish two stories a week. They have 9,000 subscribers worldwide.

Solartopi 22:36 26 Jun 07

Wirral Bagpuss,

Hi there, I hope I'm not butting in on your Thread, I write Fiction as well. I also would like to creat a website for my Writing.

Forum Editor - I hope I have not broken any Rules butting in here.

Blackhat, Myrddyn - May I also try those Links?

Thanks All

Solartopi

Solartopi 22:36 26 Jun 07

Wirral Bagpuss,

Hi there, I hope I'm not butting in on your Thread, I write Fiction as well. I also would like to creat a website for my Writing.

Forum Editor - I hope I have not broken any Rules butting in here.

Blackhat, Myrddyn - May I also try those Links?

Thanks All

Solartopi

Seth Haniel 14:03 28 Jun 07

certain subjects at no cost

click here

oops my story ;)

click here

Pannett 20:36 15 Jul 08

Check this hosting provider. click here

Best Value: 1 Year only costs as little as £20 for:

- 20GB Diskspace
- 50GB Bandwidth
- cPanel
- Unlimited addon domains
- Unlimited email accounts

And much more or pay monthly for this account for as little as £2 a month!

Or for out Premium account £10 a month or £100 a year for:

- Unlimited Diskspace
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- cPanel
- Unlimited addon domains
- Unlimited email accounts

And of course by paying anually you would save more money than paying monthly

scottnad 07:42 13 Sep 08

Hi

Have a look at click here the fastest website builder in the world.
If your catagory is not there we can build one for you.

Let me know.

Frank miller

TheRaster 22:57 28 Sep 08

Hi Wirral,

My did is a big fan of storie sites and I just had a word with him and he said that the best way he has found storie sites is for them to be in forums. He said its because you can search better for them and comment on them.

click here is one of them. He said he likes to see sites like this. Lol he spends menny houers on them.

Now if you would like a site like this then take a look here click here you can make one for free and if you have a domain name thay will add it for you or you can use thers thay have over 170 tempates you can use and all can be eddited 100%

Good look with your site.

Ian.

myebook.com 14:20 15 Oct 08

This is perfect for you.
myebook aims to revolutionise the way we create, publish and share ebook content online. Built on a feature-rich social platform, complete with powerful, browser-based, builder software, and a slick reader environment, there's never been an easier way for anyone and everyone to 'get it out there'.
With myebook.com, we've made it possible for anyone to upload, or create from scratch, beautifully simple or adventurously complex page designs and covers online, in no time. What's more, you can publish your book with a single button and release it to the world before the (virtual) ink's dry! You can create as many publications as you want. And it's all free.
myebook, currently available as full-featured beta release, is a culmination of over 2 years research and development. The result is a slick, polished product that harnesses key internet technologies in a way never seen before.
Add to this myebook's powerful yet simplistic user interface and you have the ultimate ebook platform for any personal or corporate publication, whether it's for novels, childrens books, magazines, comics, photo albums, leaflets, brochures, instruction manuals. You can even embed or link to videos, audio, documents, images and flash files to make your books fully interactive. And what's more, since the whole myebook system is community-based, getting your word out to your audience is easy.
The team behind the project are all seasoned developers, designers, writers, marketeers and are continuously adding features and enhancing the myebook experience as they approach our next milestone release.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5