i want to use my home internet provider on my laptop when i am away from home ,

colin.phillips 12:31 PM 30 Dec 11

i drive all over the uk and currently use voda phone pay as you go dongle ,when i am not in a wifi spot , to view tv ie sky go it takes all my download allowence say after whatching 1 film . can i connect to my home pc to get the unlimited downloads that i enjoy at home.hope this makes sense to someone that can HELP ME plz

difarn 14:35 PM 30 Dec 11

Do you have a mobile phone through your internet provider? If so it may be possible to tether that to your laptop so that it acts as a dongle. Your provider may then have a "bundle" to enable you to access the internet when away - this may be an extra charge, or not. Some charge only if the internet access is required when you are travelling abroad. I have done this with my Blackberry via orange and have not been charged in this country.

mgmcc 22:37 PM 30 Dec 11

"can i connect to my home pc to get the unlimited downloads that i enjoy at home"

If you were to do that, you'd be using an internet connection in the Laptop to access your home PC which would then use a second internet connection to download the material. There's no advantage over downloading directly with the Laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off