I want to use Gold and Silver colours

belt_and_braces 17:10 22 Jan 06

Ok i know this sounds naff but i want to use the colours Gold and Silver in Word and elsewhere. Does anyone know the 3 rgb numbers for these colours? I cant find them specifically available on the usual windows colour pallettes.

Help!

AndySD 17:20 22 Jan 06

gold click here

Silver #C0C0C0

AndySD 17:22 22 Jan 06

Silver #C0C0C0 192;192;192

belt_and_braces 17:32 22 Jan 06

AndySD do you mean 255 217 0
and 180 180 180?

De Marcus™ 17:33 22 Jan 06

You'll be dissapointed with what you can produce using an rgb pallette for gold and silver, they aren't made up of one single colour and so your best of trying to google an image of gold and using it as a texture for things such as word art.

De Marcus™ 17:35 22 Jan 06

click here for almost any colour you like, still single colours though.

AndySD 17:41 22 Jan 06

click here golds scroll down a little.

Silver 192 192 192 click here

Biotech 18:18 22 Jan 06

Could you use something like Xara 3D to produce a sample. This programme has lighting effects which can enhance an otherwise flat colour.

Diemmess 18:27 22 Jan 06

De Marcus™ is right about the lack of texture.
If you want a metallic background it has to be a pattern involving shades from deep dark shadows to burned out highlights.
This sort of thing can be conjoured up as a 'fill' from the more heavyweight vector programs or sheer ingenuity and lots of time.

De Marcus™ 18:45 22 Jan 06

Heavyweight software is definitely the best way to get deep, saturated metallic colours, however your average photo editing programme can do the job also, to show you how easy it is, i dug up a program I haven't used in many moons with a built in wizard for reproducing these textures in a jpeg format (micrografix PP8),

click here

click here

now granted they aren't the most realistic renditions but that takes time, skill and more often than not a good understanding of the program in hand. It all depends on how far you want to go, and because it's for general words docs and 'elsewhere' I'd imagine it's not very. With that in mind this program click here is freeware and very useful for the casual text editors out there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

Disney layout supervisor Rob Dressel on the challenges of visualising Moana

Siri vs Google Assistant