I Want To Upgrade A Laptop Cpmputer

annie35 08:35 15 Sep 03

I have just got a laptop from a friend and its pretty low spec and was wanting to upgrade it can you suggest any sites that will take me through a tutorial on how to do it.

Annie35

-pops- 08:43 15 Sep 03

What upgrades do you want to do?

It's not easy swapping things/changing things in a laptop as everything is so tightly packed together. Putting extras in is almost impossible.

Many of the components used in laptops are modified to be able to fit in the confined space. These are virtually impossible to obtain on the open market.

annie35 08:49 15 Sep 03

I want to upgrade the memory and the hard disk and also to learn a bit more about laptop computers.

AubreyS 08:52 15 Sep 03

What size hard drive is in there at the moment Annie? The hard drive is fairly easy to replace and a memory upgrade is also easy.

SheffieldSpy 09:02 15 Sep 03

Do you have the documentation for the laptop? In my documentation, it tells me that I can upgrade the memory and hard disk. However it can be quite specific about the new hardware. For example I can only use hard disks that are 2.5" wide and 9.5mm deep.

SheffieldSpy 09:04 15 Sep 03

Polaroid or digital camera is essential. Because everything is so compact you may accidently pull or push on cables, which can make them loose.

annie35 09:09 15 Sep 03

Here is the laptop spec
Compaq Armada 4130T
Series
2870C
CPU
Intel Pentium 133MHz
Memory
48Mb Hard Disk Upgradeable 1.3Gb Display Crisp 12.5" TFT Colour
Sound
Stereo)
PCMCIA Slots Yes (2 x Type II)
Infra Red
TV Out
windows 95

no sorry dont have any manuals on it but i am going to check online and try and get one. Hope this is the infor you need

Belatucadrus 09:29 15 Sep 03

click here may be of interest, as may click here . I tried Crucial, but they didn't have memory for a 4130T.

annie35 10:49 15 Sep 03

Been looking for a manual but have had no joy does anyone know where i will get a manual from.

Thanks for the links had a look had no idea that upgrades would be so expensive i will probably do them one at a time.

Is there any more suggestions on sites that will tell me a bit more about upgrading laptops.As i dont want to do anything untill i know a bit more about it.

Belatucadrus 13:34 15 Sep 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…