I want to save/backup all the stuff I have on C dr

User-324448 12:34 03 Mar 03

You people have helped me before and I know what I want to do must seem simple. I want to record everything I have on my computer onto a CD, Im not totaly new to computers or writing to CDs but I cant seem to find a way to save everything.
I have Windows XP home edition and yesterday the big blue screen appeared when booting up, and also during the day I had a flickering similar to a preview of the Northern Lights, I hope this was due to voltage fluctuations, we live out in the sticks and do have problems now and again, all this has prompted me to want to save everything.
Again Thanks for your past help.

Peter 12:41 03 Mar 03

Drive Image or Norton's Ghost would do what you want. You would probably need to span you data over several (6 - 12?) disks depending on how much data you are dealing with.

Peter.

MAJ 13:01 03 Mar 03

It would probably be cheaper in the long run if you were to buy a new hard drive and clone your present drive to that using, as Peter says, Ghost or Drive Image.

JoeC 13:14 03 Mar 03
  pj123 14:09 03 Mar 03

The thread JoeC refers to. the disk you want is PC Answers Issue 117 for April 2003. should still be in the shops now. It is free all you need to to is register it on line and you will get a KEY by email. I found it takes hours to back up to CD/RWs. So backup to CD/Rs. You will also need to make a boot disk. Takes 3 floppies or another CD/R.

pete

Stokey 14:33 03 Mar 03

.....further to above good advice also get youself a Surge Protector. From what you say about the supply in your locality it should be regarded as an essential I think.

Regards.

User-324448 15:06 03 Mar 03

Ive just returned from a visit to our local town (8 miles each way)to find the first response was only 7 mins and others have followed. Now I have to return to town and buy the magazine which has been suggested. I will wait and see if the rain stops before I get the motorcycle out. THANK YOU ALL. I will let this run for the rest of the day. Prof.

User-324448 15:06 03 Mar 03

Ive just returned from a visit to our local town (8 miles each way)to find the first response was only 7 mins and others have followed. Now I have to return to town and buy the magazine which has been suggested. I will wait and see if the rain stops before I get the motorcycle out. THANK YOU ALL. I will let this run for the rest of the day. Prof.

Stokey 15:24 03 Mar 03

The rain in your neck of the woods is causing an echo-- I say---The rain in your neck of the woods is causing an echo.

Lol, it happens to us all even on a dry day.

User-324448 15:36 03 Mar 03

Echo's happen to me quite alot, must be my trembling mouse finger with all this excitement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…