I want to rid PC of Yahoo...

Hunky 09:35 28 Sep 04

All was well with my PC 'till I downloaded Yahoo. It was still fine 'till I defraged my system...nothing but trouble since.It must be Yahoo(not compatible with my PC), as I defrag on a regular basis.I decided to rid PC of Yahoo in every way possible,but to no avail.It keeps popping up here & there....bits & pieces of it anyway.Will anyone be kind enough to tell me how to get rid of it all, once & for all,Please?P.S.My PC may be at fault,I still want rid of Yahoo please.

johnnyrocker 09:44 28 Sep 04

try and explain a bit more fully please, like what operating system you have and is it yahoo mail,toolbar,messenger you are trying to get rid of.

johnny.

Hunky 10:09 28 Sep 04

Hi Johnny,I'm using win98SE. What I downloaded originally was Launch Music Videos...which went fairly well.I needed Yahoo for this.Then I downloaded messenger,(Yahoo were just bugging me to do so)...so I did for a bit of peace.Then it was time to download Mail, again I did.All was still OK (except for a small prob.with broadband).As I usually defrag regularly, I did,& that was the start of my troubles.The sound on LAUNCH now is like an echo sometimes,sometimes like a tinny loudspeaker & so on.Interestingly enough,when I leave the video portion of whatever I'm watching off,all is well.Also I have no other sound problems at all...CDs etc. all playing well.Even songs on HD.Soooo?

Strawballs 11:12 28 Sep 04

click here Download this program and use it to remove all traces of Yahoo from the registry

Hunky 11:49 28 Sep 04

Thanks a lot mate.....worked a treat & so easy to use too.....Hunky.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…