I want to overclock the following system

Orginal 14:04 22 Dec 06

Intel core duo 6300
Gigabyte 945GM-S2
7600gt Golden sample
1 gig of DDR2 memory running at 664

I really have no idea how to go about squeezing extra performance out of this system, any advice?

glen2409 14:09 22 Dec 06

Hi,

I would have thought with the spec pc you have you wouldn't need to overclock.

I always think overclocking is dangerous as you may seriously damage components.

If I was you, I would stick with the fast pc settings you already have. I use a dual core cpu too and find it works fast enough as it is without trying to overclock.

Phphred 14:44 22 Dec 06

Look at some ABIT boards as they usually do let you overclock and help you to do it!!

Belatucadrus 15:54 22 Dec 06

Ensure you've got massive cooling capacity on the CPU to stop it cooking, then be prepared for a massive disappointment as the performance difference will be unnoticeable unless the only thing you run is 3D tests that you use to swap performance stats with your mates.

Mr Beeline 17:18 22 Dec 06

Sorry folks ... but I disagree.

With a little bit of decent cooling, the 6300 can hit speeds equivalent to the 6700 quite safely. And that's a significant performance gain. This is only my opinion obviously and done at an individuals own risk.

See the following for a starter for 10:

click here

There are also loads of other decent articles if you have a Google.

Good luck.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…