I want Outlook Express back.

Furkin 11:21 18 Jul 11

Hi all,

When upgrading to W7 I lost my old fave: Outlook Express. I use Supanet for my email account & run it through my BT B.Band and O.Express.

This was ideal for my purpose as all my addresses were in one place & I could see if there were incoming to any of ‘em at the same place. Of course, I lost O.E so am currently using Supanet’s ‘webmail’ facility – which is totally useless. I have to click into a dozen different addresses just to see if I have incoming, &there is no formatting for composed / outgoing messages etc etc etc.

I’ve now got a couple of addresses on WLM. I have tried bringing one of my old Supanet addresses with me to see how it works, but when I SEND a message, it also gives out some WLM details in the ‘Sender/properties’ bit (which is different to the Supanet details)

Am I doing something wrong ? Is there a way I can emulate the old O.E ?

thanks for reading,,,

Belatucadrus 11:35 18 Jul 11

There are a few free options to choose from at SnapFiles Thunderbird and Pegasus are pretty good.

sharpamat 08:50 19 Jul 11

I find windows live mail as a stand a lone to be as easy to use as OE

Furkin 11:03 19 Jul 11

Belatucadrus:

Thanks. I looked on the site, and as you say, they do seem like what i'm after. I've dropped 'em a line for a few details. Will put results here.

sharpamat:

Thanks also. WLM would be o.k - if I was starting out,,,, new contacts etc. I want to keep my existing Supanet addresses. But I do need them to contain only the Supanet details in the senders bit.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac