I WANT MY SPELLCHECK IN ENGLISH

Can anyone tell me how to change my spellcheck in "Word" to the English version?
Thanks
Herbyd

Taff36 13:57 05 Jul 04

Which version of Word are you using?

son-of-a-gun 14:00 05 Jul 04

In Word click on tools, scroll down to set language, & make English UK your default.

Thanks for sorting this out

Taff36 14:13 05 Jul 04

son-of-a-gun

Pretty close. In word, TOOLS>LANGUAGE>SET LANGUAGE in the dialogue box select English UK and then the DEFAULT button followed by OK.

In Word XP you can switch between languages by double clicking in the lower taskbar and you can switch between English UK and US. Also it shows you what is the default language for the document you are using. For example if someone sends you a document created using US you need to change the dictionary back to UK to spell check that document in Word 97, in XP it can auto detect the language for you.

son-of-a-gun 08:09 06 Jul 04

Taff36
Considering the numerical order of the posts, it looks to me like near enough, was good enough, although I must admit my posting was based on a very old version of word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…