I want my Security !

peter4076 12:24 18 Apr 06

I have Adaware, CCleaner,AVG & SpyBot on the one computer, in the next couple of weeks I am hoping to get another computer running with a WiFi system, My question is I want all the above loaded on the new computer, how will I be able to do it if I have the same e-mail address, or doesn't that matter, How can it be done? any input received with thanks.

Ikelos 12:27 18 Apr 06

you just use the same email address, no matter how many PC's you have, and yes, put the lot in.

Totally-braindead 12:30 18 Apr 06

The email address doesn't matter, you can have it on several computers if you wish. Only problem with that is if you check the email on one computer it won't be duplicated on the others. So to save confusion you're better using just one computer for the emails. Apart from that theres no problem.

peter4076 13:55 18 Apr 06

Thanks for that: So you are saying I could download the updates for AVG for example on one computer, and do exactly the same on the other computer without even registerering with Grisoft the owner of AVG, would it be the same for the monthly Microsoft updates?

peter4076 17:08 18 Apr 06

^^^ Bump

ACOLYTE 17:17 18 Apr 06

Microsoft as far as i know dont need your email address for there updates they only check you OS version.As for AVG it depends if its the free version or the paid for one i would think the free one it shouldnt matter about the email addy the serial comes with the download the pro version you may need an email addy but i never used it so cant be sure.

peter4076 09:05 19 Apr 06

Much Obliged for your help in this matter.Will tick

PaulB2005 09:40 19 Apr 06

Microsoft updates you can install on as many PC as you have legit licenses for.

Same goes with AVG. If you have the free version you can only use one copy on one PC per household. If you have a paid for version you need to to either transfer the copy to the new PC and remove it from the old one or buy an additional licence for the new PC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…